Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Croutons

I love croutons on my salad. But, I never thought about buying them. One day, I just thought, I should make my own.
They are easy to make and don't take long at all.
You probably have everything you need to make some croutons right now in your kitchen.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
You will need a baking sheet.

Ingredients:

2 slices bread, any kind you want
butter
garlic powder
Parmesan cheese
Parsley flakes

Or try your own combination of seasonings.

Butter both sides of both slices of bread.
Sprinkle well with the garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.
Stack the bread and with a knife, cube the bread and spread the pieces out on a baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crunchy.
Stir the cubes every 5 minutes.
At 15 minutes, check for crunchiness.
If not quite done, check again in just a few minutes.
Do not let them over brown or they will not taste very good.

You will get approximately 1-1/4 cups of croutons.

To store- put in an air tight container or a baggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment