Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summertime Business

Things are starting to happen in the garden.
I am now harvesting and canning green beans.

The broccoli is coming on.
I will be freezing some of that soon too.
I did make broccoli salad last night for dinner.

Summer gets pretty busy when everything gets into full swing.

I have lots of tomato plants and I plan to make plenty of salsa as well as ketchup and juice and chopped tomatoes.

Between the garden and some stressful things going on, I haven't gotten a lot done as far as recipes go.
I have been taking pictures and as things settle down I hope to get back into a routine.

4 comments:

  1. awwww sorry about whatever stress you have going on ruth----i will look forward to your pics----enjoy your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn. I think things are settling down in some ways. I really hope because it makes it hard to feel like posting much.

      Delete
  2. What is it about the present time, everyone seems to be going through stressy type things lately.

    Envy you all the lovely things you have growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew, Jo. Thank you. It has to be the best perk of living where I do. Fairly long growing season and able to grow cooler plants, but ones that like it in warmer areas too.

      Delete