Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Eating Healthy

Lots of people think about getting healthy at the beginning of the new year.

It could be because it is the new year or because of all that eating through the holidays makes one want to feel better.

But, any time is a good time to start being healthy.

Start by drinking a little more.
Water is the best thing you can have.

Lots of people don't like plain water.
Add a piece of fruit to it to add some flavor.

Don't try to change everything too fast.

Healthy can taste good.

I don't believe in low fat.

Many things you buy that are low fat are not as healthy as something with full fat.

Your body needs a certain amount of fat.
And the right kind of fat.

Lots of vegetable oils aren't really healthy.
They oxidize in the body and are not the best for cells.

Olive oil, uncooked or heated at low temperature is good.
Coconut oil, provided it is extra virgin organic and does not contain hexane, is good.
Butter is good. 

Avocados are a good fat source.

It is fine to watch the fat, just make sure to watch the sugar too.

I do recommend doing lots of reading before you figure out your plan.
Don't just go by FDA or USDA guidelines.
Look at alternative health sites.
Lots of them and learn what is best for you.

We all have different needs.
It make take a while to figure out yours.

You can do it.

You just have to stick with it.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said - I support all that you have written here.
    I don't eat sugar - I drink lots of water - and I love good fats, nuts are a go to food for snacking. And… I love dates - besides being sweet it's high in fibre - I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I find that I can't eat a lot of sugar anymore. What I used to think was good seems to sweet and what I used to think was not sweet enough is plenty sweet for me.
      Nuts are great!

      Delete
  2. I have been watching my food intake for over a year now. Have lost 33 lbs and plan to lose some more yet. I too dislike low fat or fat free and eat regular food but don't over eat. Using a diet programme (FitDay) to record everything I eat has helped too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I have heard that keeping a diary helps. I have never tried that. Good for you on the weight loss!

      Delete