Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares



I know, I know. Another rhubarb recipe.
But, I have spent a lot of time looking for recipes to use my rhubarb in so I figure I should share.
This dessert is a favorite of my daughter. She even helped me make it a few days ago.
It is pretty simple to make. I hope you will enjoy it as much as my family does.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease a 9x13 baking pan.

Ingredients:


Crust

1 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cold butter
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling

16 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping

3 cups chopped rhubarb
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3-4 drops red food coloring, optional


To make the crust combine flour, brown sugar, salt, and graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in vanilla extract.
Press into the bottom of your baking pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Cool while making the filling.
In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Pour over crust.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is set and the edges are brown.
Remove to a rack to cool.
While the cheesecake is baking, combine the rhubarb, sugar, water, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until mixture thickens. This will take about 5 minutes. Stir in the food coloring if you like.
Let it cool.
When the cheesecake filling and topping are both cool, spoon the topping over the cheesecake.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Cover for longer storage.
Serves about 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment