Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Unbaked Cookies

 This is a repost from July of 2009. When I started this blog, I didn't post pictures so this doesn't have one.
I didn't think about U until today so I don't have the stuff to make them and post a picture.
Once I start eating these, I just don't want to stop.

These cookies are known by many names.
They can also be called chocolate drop cookies or minute cookies.
Whatever you call them, you have to include the word good to describe them.

Ingredients:

2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or aluminum foil.
Combine the oatmeal and cocoa powder and set aside.
In a large pan melt the butter and peanut butter over low heat. Stir it constantly til mixture is smooth.
Remove from the heat and stir in the milk. Gradually mix in the powdered sugar. Blend in the oatmeal and cocoa powder.
Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Let cool until firm.
You will get 4-5 dozen.


If you don't have foil or waxed paper, buttering your pan works great.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh God! I can't believe it - a cookie with no flour. I'm adding the ingredients to my list for tomorrow - I am so making these... it's too late to go on a shopping run (after midnight) so I'll have to suffer until tomorrow.

    Okay... where have I been hiding not to know about these kinds of cookies.

    The only ingredient I don't have at home is the evaporated milk - is there any substitute for it... or does it have to be evaporated milk?

    Thanks Ruth, for making me drool - now I'm going to go to be with Unbaked Cookies floating in my head! :) :)

    Great, no, awesome "U" post!

    Jenny @ PEARSON REPORT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have cream or half & half/light cream, you can use that. Or cut down the milk by about a tablespoon and add an extra tablespoon & a half of butter.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. thanks ruth---unbaked cookies sound like my speed :)

    ReplyDelete